Sunday, January 3, 2010

0 for 2

Princess Margaret Hospital has a newer MRI machine than Mount Sinai.  It's a larger 'bore', or diameter, so I was hopeful that I would tolerate the 'in the tube' business better, this afternoon.

For all the larger bore might have helped, here's what didn't.  They fed me into the maw of the beast head first (as opposed to feet first nextdoor at Sinai).  My arms were held at my sides (rather than extended overhead in a diving posture nextdoor), and strapped down across my back.

So, fed into the machine, face down, head first, my arms felt wedged against the inside of the chamber. Not only could I not stick 30 minutes out -- I couldn't even get started.

And the sedative? Please. The Dutchman must have prescribed for someone who weighs 100 pounds. I took the pill at the appropriate time, and never felt anything kick in. I could definitely have operated heavy machinery afterwards!

So, if he wants another one, the man's going to have to knock me out.  Guess I'll find out on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment