Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wasn't That a Party?

It felt odd to get up, this morning, and not organize myself for a trip to PMH.  Not so odd that I couldn't reconcile myself to a 10AM nap, however.  Since I've never been able to stay up with the big people, I figured I'd better be as rested as possible for tonight's festivities.  So, I added another wee lie-down in the afternoon, for good measure.

The rest was much needed and well worth it.  More than 40 of the ass-kickingest people on the planet braved the heat, the lack of air conditioning (who knew?!) and the low-rent venue to wave goodbye to cancer treatment with me.  There were drinks and cupcakes and booby prizes and samples from the golden food group, but best of all there was much laughter and many, many hugs.

Except for one brief moment with a much-missed gal pal who called mid-evening, I managed to keep it together 'til I got home.  Then I opened the cards and read the personal notes penned on the t-shirt, and removed most of my mascara without using my hands.  I really am a lucky, lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. What's better than starting my day with a dissolving fist-sized-lump in my throat? Not much, I'd say. You may feel like the lucky girl - but I would hazard a guess that those who have rallied 'round you feel like the REAL lucky ones. precious you are - precious you shall remain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful party, and you have once again demonstrated
    a. why you are the event planner's event planner; and
    b. that you are the convening force behind a marvelous group of people.
    Huzzah, and now that my new credit card has arrived, don't you think we owe ourselves a visit to Lyle Lovett on August 10, c/w leg room? Let me know and it shall be so, even if I have to call in some favours.

    ReplyDelete