Monday, June 28, 2010

Ow, Ow, Ooo, Ow

I had my 20th treatment today.  If the tatas were tinier, I'd be done now.  But I've got five more for the breast, and an additional five for the scar to go.  And I'm crisping up nicely.  What was pink is now red.  What was sensitive is now sore.  What was smooth is now broken.  The official word is "second degree burn".

Comfort is now defined as stillness.  If I don't move, I avoid the drag of skin against skin.  And it's way more comfortable to be braless than encumbered by lingerie;  as a result, except for trips to treatment, I'm trapped at home!

I feel something like a turkey.  Four times a day, I'm basting myself in saline solution, Lubriderm and -- new today -- burn ointment containing antibiotics.  Kinda curtails the social life, even without the relaxed dress code.  The Burn told me, today, that it'll take 10 days to two weeks for the inflamed skin to heal, once they're done frying me.  The countdown is well and truly on!

1 comment:

  1. So, will this "free and easy" clothing style set the stage for dress code on the 14th? That should be a 'hoot'!

    ReplyDelete