Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tough Talk in Tumor Town

A room full of men are talking about my breasts. Well, my breast. Okay, maybe there are women there, too. And it’s probably not a large room. So, not as salacious as it first sounded. I suppose I’d better get used to that.

A tumor board is a group of doctors, each expert in a different oncological specialty (surgery, radiology, etc.), who meet to discuss the medical condition and treatment options of cancer patients. And they’re talking about me. Did I mention I hate being the centre of attention?

It’s been a week since I met The Dutchman. And now he’s plotting the course of my treatment with a posse of colleagues. A week hence, he’ll reveal the master plan to my anxious ears. Not soon enough for my taste, I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment