Monday, December 28, 2009

Instant Family History

A useful chat with Mum's doc (who rather resembles Kris Kringle in "Miracle on 34th Street"!) revealed today that she has a scirrhous form of breast cancer -- not particularly aggressive and, if my initial research is accurate, potentially a DCIS offshoot.  On the upside, that means it may well not be the cancer that kills her.  The downside remains... well, the downside.

The personally relevant part of the conversation confirmed that my inclination toward a mastectomy, rather than a lumpectomy could well be on the money.  A 10cm lesion is large, according to Dr. Kringle and, while he can't tell me what to do, he suggested I have a full conversation about the surgical strategy with The Dutchman.

My do-over on the MRI has been scheduled for Sunday -- the bells, the bells!  That means those results should be in The Dutchman's hands before we meet next week, as well.  And I've booked a half an hour on the big brown couch with the Mood Mechanic.  It's all coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment