Thursday, November 7, 2013

The New, Improved Squish-o-matic

No MRI?  No problem.  There's still the annual mammogram to endure.

And, on this visit, there's fresh equipment.  My photos will be in 3D, this year.  Now the machine's head carves an arc through the air above me, and the image it records is a big improvement over the x-ray-like view of the old technology.  Unfortunately, the booby sandwich piece of the process hasn't changed a lick.  But, there are only four images (two a side), and it doesn't take long 'til I'm on my way back to the change room.  In 48 hours, The Dutchman will have the results, visible on the screen in his office.  Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. My very most favorite part of these yearly exams is the way the technician attempts to make small talk, as if one of us isn't completely clothed, and the other stripped bare to the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much looking forward to a romantic description of your visit with the Dutchman. You know, something I'd need to have a cigarette after reading, if I was a smoker :)

    ReplyDelete