Tuesday, November 26, 2013

So, That Happened

The PMH booking office called, late yesterday.  They left one of those drive-by voice messages where they tell you who it is, their phone number, that they want to do an ultrasound... and that they'll be leaving the office right away, so you'll have to call back tomorrow.  Which is code for, 'have a restful sleep'.

This morning, I called back.  The radiologist reviewing my MRI results has scheduled me for an ultrasound "with possible biopsy" for December 16.  There's nothing 'possible' about the biopsy;  it'll be a sure thing.  Oh, and it's the left breast we're looking at, this time.  The whole breast.  The 'good' breast.

This ain't my first rodeo.  I think there's a fresh DCIS site, and I'll be scheduled for surgery in January.  Sure, it's possible I'm wrong, but unlikely.  If I am right, it'll be a double mastectomy, this time.  But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

So, another postponement of my date with The Dutchman (how will he stand it?):  December 19 will tell the tale.  I'll try to think of other things in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. uggggh.

    Thought about you most of the day yesterday. Hoping against hope you were wrong about needing the biopsy. If you DID need a biopsy, well then, all I can say is 'HO F'IN HO'.

    ReplyDelete