Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When No News Isn't Good News

I was pretty much psyched up for tomorrow's date with The Dutchman, but I'll hafta recalibrate the excitement meter.  The Dutchman's assistant e-mailed to say that there's a delay in pathology, and my report won't be ready for the morning.  So, my meeting's been rescheduled;  it'll be another week before I learn whether my lymph nodes are clear or cancerous, and what's to be done in either case.

More damned waiting.  Next week, it'll be seven months since my screening mammogram.

It's hard not to wonder whether the cause of the delay is related to the difficulty the pathologist had in analyzing the node sample during surgery.  But, PMH is a busy place, and it could simply be the volume of cases that's slowing things down.  Intellectually, I know there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that the news will be bad, but I'm tiring of the emotional roller coaster and I wanna get off the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Well Girlfriend, waiting sucks! Sure you probably wishes that was something you could enjoy rather than endure. Keep the mindset. Happy St. Patty's - have a beer (can't friggin hurt can it?). Found the attached in my inbox from a friend. Gotta love social media! Luvya! deb

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe if the house was on fire they wouldn't be waiting another week to alert the fireman. I am with Deb - HAVE A BEER :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of hugs your way.'Try not to worry about the things you cannot control'...some old wiseman told me that once and it pisses me off when he says that during a stressful situation but it helps me regain focus. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, sounds like tomorrow is the day. My fingers are crossed, my toes are crossed and my eyes ... well, people are looking at me kinda funny. Good luck and good post ... deb

    ReplyDelete